Sunday 14 May 2023

Canvassing and Listening

 

When I decided to run for office, I read up on and watched videos about how to campaign at the local level. One point they stressed was the importance of canvassing, which is going door to door to introduce yourself to voters. Given that there are thousands of registered voters in the county, it took me a while to figure out the logistics of doing that.

It is not a simple matter of just starting on the first house on a street, especially for a small campaign like mine. Instead, you need to use the public voter list to narrow it down. For me, that meant targeting people who live in the school district and who have voted in off-year primaries before. It took a few weeks to figure out how to get that done. But once I had that list, I spent nearly every evening of the past week visiting people's homes and talking to those who had the time.

Along the way, I heard a variety of comments and concerns, along with words of encouragement from more than a few  I talked to people in Meadville, Cochranton, and those who live on the rural routes. I just wanted to thank everybody who talked to me. Regardless of the outcome of Tuesday's election, I appreciate all of you who took a little time out of the day to hear what I had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canvassing and Listening

  When I decided to run for office, I read up on and watched videos about how to campaign at the local level. One point they stressed was th...